If you’re in the process of buying a property, that’s a HUGE accomplishment. But before you sign on the dotted line, it’s important to have a professional come in and assess the condition of the property. This is where a premium pre-purchase inspection comes in.
A premium pre-purchase inspection is an objective visual examination of the physical structure and systems of a property, from the roof to the foundation. It’s important to have one done before you purchase a property because it can reveal any potential problems that may need to be addressed. Additionally, having a premium pre-purchase inspection can give you leverage when negotiating the final purchase price with the seller.
Why You Need a Premium Pre-Purchase Inspection?
There are many reasons why you should get a pre-purchase inspection done before buying a property. Here are just a few:
- To ensure the property is structurally sound. A pre-purchase inspection will assess the condition of the property’s structure, including the foundation, walls, ceilings, floors, and roof. The inspector will look for any signs of damage or deterioration and make note of any repairs that may be needed.
- To check for pest related damage. All over Australia, pests like termites can wreak havoc on properties. A pre-purchase inspection will look for any signs of pest infestation or damage and make recommendations for treatment if necessary.
- To identify any safety hazards. The inspector will also look for any safety hazards on the property, such as trip hazards, electrical dangers, or gas leaks.
- To check for asbestos. If the property was built before 1989, there’s a chance it contains asbestos insulation or other asbestos-containing materials (ACMs). ACMs can be harmful if they’re disturbed, so it’s important to have them assessed by a trained professional prior to purchase.
- Peace of mind knowing that you’re making a well-informed decision about your future purchase.
If any major problems are found during the inspection, you may want to consider renegotiating your purchase price with the seller or walking away from the deal altogether.
Additionally, if any items identified during the inspection need to be repaired or replaced, you’ll have time to factor those costs into your budget before making your final decision about whether to purchase the property.
Contact us today at 131 546 for a Premium Pre-Purchase Inspection to help you make the best decision!