Building and Pest Inspection
Why you need a Building and Pest Inspection:
- Identify safety hazards and major defects
- Plan your maintenance, repairs or renovations
- Deal with problems in your existing home before they worsen
- Identify any live termite or timber pest activity
- Identify any damage that has been caused by termites & other pests
- Evidence of past termite or timber pest treatments
- Assessment of conditions affecting the property which may be conducive to termite activity
What you get
An easy to understand, jargon-free report within 24 hours of your inspection and the opportunity to discuss the findings with the inspector.
We will also help you understand the risks, if any, of undetected defects. You will also know what factors may have limited the report so you can make an upfront, informed decision.
The report will include:
- Identification of major hazards safety hazards, such as structural issues or suspected Asbestos
- Identification of minor defects, such as expected property maintenance
- Overview on the presence and/or workings of termites or timber pests
- Review of any present conditions that may attract or assist termite or timber pest infestation
- Detailed photos describing defects
- Information on the works that may be required to rectify defects or issues
- Recommendations of appropriate trades to perform necessary works
Get peace of mind from a knowledgeable builder that has extensive experience building in your local area. Get a professional sounding board for your new project or purchase.
Importantly – and unlike standard pest inspectors – we can also give you advice from the perspective of a builder as to the severity of building damage caused by termites or other timber pests. We use this background knowledge to identify whether specialist engineering assessments are required, and otherwise what works are required, by which trades, to undertake rectification.
- Roof exterior
- Roof interior (roof void)
- Under the floor (if applicable)
- Interior and exterior of the house
- Other structures on the property like garages, car ports and sheds
- The site itself including drainage, retaining walls and fencing
The following list is an example of the types of issues or areas of the house that are excluded from the inspection. Speak with your building inspector about any concerns and refer to the terms and conditions for more details.
There will always be exclusions but we are up front about what these are and we will help you make an individual assessment about the level of risk they present in each home.
- Issues related compliance with the building regulations and acts.
- Anything below ground (footage, draining, soil conditions)
- Anything concealed within the walls like insulation, plumbing and electric wiring.
- Too high? Second story roofs can be inspected by prior arrangement.
- Explanation of title or ownership matters, zonings.
To add to your Building and Timber Pest Inspection Report, use our additional services, including:
- Asbestos Inspections (Visual and Sampling)
- Premium Inspections (includes inspection of Electrical, Plumbing and Gas facilities)
- Smoke Alarm and Detector Inspections
- Pool Safety Inspections
If we believe that you require further specialist inspections, we will recommend them accordingly.
What others are saying
"I was present for the inspection; he explained any issues and the likely causes and who to contact to resolve the issues. Richard's report helped us renegotiate the purchase price."Jun 12, 2014 by LeighInspector Jim’s Building Inspections (Lockleys, SA)
"It was my first time building a new house and I have had issues with my builder throughout the process, but Richards’s inspection on the day, report of defects and general discussions have given me the peace of mind I needed. "Mar 23, 2014 by Tim BurtonInspector: Jim's Building Inspections (Lockleys, SA)
"Ben's service gave me confidence and peace of mind prior to submitting an offer."Jul 09, 2014 by Michael JonesInspector: Jims Building Inspections (Berry, NSW)
"Andrew provided efficient, knowledgeable and thorough inspection of our property plus advice as to how to rectify problems which was invaluable. "May 26, 2014 by Anthea CookInspector: Jim’s Building Inspections (Prospect, SA)
"Just a note to emphasise the great work and report delivered by Jack at our property in Boolarra, Victoria. "May 01, 2014 by Joseph O'KaneInspector: Jim’s Building Inspections (Pakenham)
"Neale was so helpful on the phone even before the report, which was comprehensive and easy to read...I wanted to use a local professional and that's what I got! "May 31, 2014 by Gina HillInspector: Jim's Building Inspections (South West Victoria)