Terms and Conditions of Nomination for Random Acts of Maintenance
- Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- The Promotion will be assessed by the Directors of Jim’s Building Inspections Australia against a criteria including:
- Achievability of the scope of works within the time frame required
- Relevance to consumer or market interests
- Logistical considerations
- Entry is open to residents of Australia only. However, employees and their immediate families of Jim’s Building Inspections, and their associated agencies and companies connected with this competition are not eligible to enter.
- The competition may be held multiple times initially throughout 2015. A short list of nominees will be selected on our about 1st March 2015. The shortlisted nominees will be contacted by Jim’s Building Inspections to arrange for a site inspection and interview. The winner will be drawn from this group. Future rounds will be advised on the Jim’s Building Inspections website.
- To enter participants must nominate themselves or another person (whom would reasonably consent) who would benefit from receiving a Random Act of Maintenance which is a small to medium repair or maintenance activity on a home or property they own, that can be undertaken within one day.
- In return the nominee and nominating party agree to:
o Make the nominated property available for a prior site inspection and one full day of access at an agreed time for the purpose of documenting and carrying out repairs
o Allow Jim’s Building Inspections discretion to define the entire scope of work, materials to be used, works to be undertaken and any other related matter.
o Accept that the final scope of works may include all or only part of the repair and maintenance works originally nominated
o All materials would meet required standards and all trades are licensed and insured as required.
o Sign an authority permitting unlimited use and distribution of the content (audio, visual and any other information or content) by Jim’s Group and Jim’s Building Inspections and or any other third party they nominate.
o Sign a deed of indemnity and release agreeing to and absolving entirely Jim’s Building Inspections and all parties in relation to all of the works which may be required or any other matter as deemed appropriate
o Make themselves available as required to interact and engage with the presenters as required on the day of filming
- The nominees, shortlisted parties and winners will not incur any cost nor can they demand any fee or remuneration.
- All nominees agree that Jim’s Building Inspections may use the content of the nomination and any associated images at any time, for any purpose, most likely to include data analysis or commentary within the publishing activities of the business. Identifying information like surnames and street addresses or contact details like emails or phone numbers will never be published, sold or shared.
- The promoter’s decision is final and the promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the Competition result or winning entries.
- It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and our requirements.
- In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability to proceed with the competition on the dates and in the manner described in these terms and conditions, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to any directions given under State Regulation.
- The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, caused by the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
23. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
24. The Promoter and their associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
25. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, subject to any direction given under State Regulation.
26. All entries become the property of the Promoter. The Promoter collects personal information about you to enable you to participate in this promotion.
27. The Promoter is Jim’s Building Inspections Australia (Pindan Projects as trustee for The Redbill Trust), (ABN: 24 563 677 815) of 24c, 479 Warrigal Rd, Moorabbin VIC 3189.