Apartment Handover Inspections
Why you need an Apartment Handover Inspection
Are you buying an apartment off the plan?
Apartment investment throughout the metropolitan areas of Melbourne, Sydney and other capital cities is experiencing a resurgence with a move towards inner urban development.
Stamp duty savings and opportunities to diversify investment property portfolios have also resulted in a significant increases for both domestic and international apartment investment.
However, it’s important to note that apartment construction ‘boom’ periods can result in a decrease of the quality of the apartments being delivered. Our Apartment Handover Inspections are therefore becoming more frequently recommended by conveyancers prior to settlement.
Why use Jim’s Building Inspections?
- We make sure all building aspects comply with Australian standards
- Our reports identify items that need attention
- These reports are easy to read with clear photos and detailed descriptions
By getting an Apartment Handover Inspection, you will know that your property is ready to be tenanted and have a baseline condition report from which to start.
Don’t forget the tax depreciation benefits our team can arrange for you via a depreciation schedule. A Depreciation Schedule makes sure you are maximising the cash return from your investment property.
We conduct a visual inspection as well as use the following instruments:
- Moisture meters
- Thermal imaging cameras
- Different scopes and sounding devices
- Exterior roof
- Interior roof
- Under the floor (if applicable),
- Interior/exterior of the property
- Other structures on the site (garages, car ports, sheds),
- The site itself including factors like drainage, retaining walls and fencing
- Depending on the property itself, we generally allow one hour for the inspection.
- Some take less or more depending on the degree of accessibility and depending on the number of defects found.
- We then prepare the report and liaise with the client on the findings.
- Report is usually available within 24 hours of inspection.
- Too high – second story roofs can be inspected by arrangement.
- Explanation of title or ownership matters, zonings (take from page)
- Issues related compliance with the building regulations and acts.
- Anything below ground (footage, drainings, soil conditions)
- Anything concealed within the walls like insulation, plumbing and electric wiring.
What others are saying
"Brian was very helpful when I called him to get a quote. He wasn’t pushy at all like previous company’s I had spoken to. "May 23, 2014 by MelInspector Jim’s Building Inspections (Yokine, WA)
"I was really happy with the service I received from start to finish. Andrew was well-organized, arrived at the property on time, conducted a thorough inspection, answered all of my questions and sent a comprehensive report to me via email on the same day. Having a building inspection done was well worth the money because I was provided with a list of all of the potential problems which needed to be addressed with the property, many of which I would not have noticed myself. Very happy to recommend this service."April 22, 2015 by Marco SanInspector: Jim’s Building Inspections (Adelaide, SA)
"Andrew provided efficient, knowledgeable and thorough inspection of our property plus advice as to how to rectify problems which was invaluable. "May 26, 2014 by Anthea CookInspector: Jim’s Building Inspections (Prospect, SA)
"I asked Robert for a second opinion, he showed that my heating ducts had not been put back and I was simply heating the soil under the house!"Jun 21, 2014 by Sue Le LievreInspector: Jim's Building Inspections (Brighton, VIC)
"I was so impressed with the way Andrew responded to me and assisted at short notice. I was amazed at the report that Andrew had presented to me after doing a pre-handover on my new home.I would not have picked up on half the things that Andrew did.It was money well spent and would recommend Andrew to anyone."June 27, 2015 by Angela SpargoInspector: Jim's Building Inspections (Adelaide, SA)
"I was present for the inspection; he explained any issues and the likely causes and who to contact to resolve the issues. Richard's report helped us renegotiate the purchase price."Jun 12, 2014 by LeighInspector Jim’s Building Inspections (Lockleys, SA)