New Construction Inspections QLD
SERVICE As requested by the Client, the inspection carried out by the Inspector was a New Construction Stage Inspection. A Pre-Inspection Agreement was issued for this service and forms part of the service agreement.
The inspection service may be for one or more of our staged new construction inspection services including:
(a) Slab or Base
(c) Lock Up
(d) Practical Completion (Handover)
PURPOSE The purpose of this inspection is to provide advice to the client regarding the condition of the property at the time of the inspection. A report may be conditional on the following:
(a) Information provided by the person, the employees or agents of the person requesting the report.
(b) Apparent concealment of possible defects.
(c) Any other factor limiting the preparation of the report.
SCOPE OF INSPECTION The inspection includes visual assessment of the property and limited assessment of serviceability to identify safety hazards, incomplete and substandard works as defined by the Domestic Building Act and the Guide to Standards and Tolerances.
The scope of the inspection excludes:
* The work of a Local Government or other Regulatory Authority who are responsible for legal, planning and other regulatory factors
* The work of a Building Surveyor / Certifier who is responsible the issue of a Certificate of Compliance
* Reference to contract documentation
* Instructions to the contractor or builder
The Report has been produced for the use of the Client. Third parties should not rely on this report.
ACCESSIBILITY The inspection was limited to Readily Accessible Areas of the Building and Site.
The inspection may at times be limited by the presence of obstructions such as builders materials, site operating activities and equipment. These limitations will be noted for the clients reference.
The Client is responsible for arranging the right of entry and supply of necessary information to enable the inspector to undertake the inspection and prepare a report. The Inspector is not responsible for arranging permissions related to site visits or entry to the property.
EXTENT OF REPORTING
Significant items to be reported are as follows and in accordance with QLD BSA Policies and Guidelines:
(a) Category 1 Defective Work
(b) Category 2 Defective Work
(c) Defective Works (General)
The following items are not included in this report:
* An estimate of the costs of rectification or instructions regarding rectification works
* Identification of health or other biohazards like mould and asbestos related products
* Electrical, gas or plumbing systems including roof and underground drainage or systems
* Automated systems like alarms, smoke detectors, heating and cooling units, communications, information technology, garage doors or gates, equipment, appliances, plant or their associated fittings
* Pools, landscaping features and related equipment
* Any items below ground including site factors, soil conditions, damp proof courses, waterproofing membranes and footings or the like
* Energy efficiency, insulation, fire safety ratings, sustainable development provisions or the like
* Structural engineering advice which may affect material ions, framing sizes and their adequacy
* The common areas or facilities of unit developments or apartments
* The adequacy or fit for purpose of soft floor coverings, lighting, paint finishes and other materials including in the client specifications
* Where reasonable access or entry is denied those areas are excluded from and do not form part of the inspection
* Any retained or existing structures on the site.
General Terms and Conditions:
The Report has been prepared to comply with Australian Standard 4349.0-2007 Inspection of Buildings Part 0: General Requirements.
Generally you should note that:
* The report is not a guarantee or warranty but an opinion of the condition of the inspected property.
* On acceptance of the booking and receipt of a Pre-Inspection Agreement, the client is considered to have accepted these Terms and Conditions
* The Terms and Conditions take precedence over any oral or other written representations by us, to the extent of any inconsistency.
* If we refer or recommend other consultants or trades for additional specialist inspections it is done so without liability, you should make your own investigation and judgement regarding their suitability.
* Ensure you read the Report and any referenced Appendices in full.
* Our liability is limited to the provision of a new inspection and report or the payment of the cost of a new inspection and report at our discretion.
We value your personal information, we will ensure it is secure and never share or sell your personal details and contact information. We do however use data collected during inspections for research, commercial, training and educational purposes.
Compliments, Complaints and Concerns
Your feedback, both positive and negative, can assist us to improve our services. We encourage you to please contact us with any compliments or concerns directly and as soon as you are able.
The process for managing customer feedback is documented below:
1. Contact your inspector directly to provide feedback or make any complaint as soon as you are able.
2. If your inspector cannot resolve it or it involves our insurers they will escalate it to their Regional Franchisor (Manager) and / or insurer as applicable.
3. You can also contact their Regional Franchisor (Manager) directly on 131 546 ask to speak to your Inspectors Regional Franchisor (Manager) or email email@example.com
Should you have any queries about our terms and conditions, the inclusions and exclusions of this report please contact your Inspector.