FEATHERS were flying in Red Hill last week when neighbours discovered asbestos sheeting was being removed from a disused chicken shed near their properties.
Monique Soames said she and her neighbours were outraged at not being warned by Mornington Peninsula Shire Council, WorkSafe, or the EPA about the potentially hazardous works on Arthurs Seat Road and had “only come across it by pure chance”.
The contractor carrying out the work says it is legal and being done in accordance with his licences and permits.
Of course, the issue highlights the fact that asbestos isn’t just about housing. It can cover garages, and yes, chicken sheds.
The experts at Jim’s Building Inspections also understand the sensitivities around this issue which is why they’re a good place to call. Compassion, after all, is essential.
Image Source: http://mpnews.com.au/2018/11/05/asbestos-work-alarms-neighbours/